Teacher Recruitment Division
This division is responsible for managing the permanent appointments of Education Service Officers of Grades DG41 and DG29 in the Ministry of Education.
- To manage applications and interviews; and
- To manage offers of employment
Non-Teacher Recruitment Division
This division is responsible for recruiting Higher Education Officers and members of the Executive Group.
- To provide information on broadcasting of employment advertisements for the posts of Higher Education Officers and members of the Executive Group
- To process and register applications from qualified candidates according to service scheme
- To manage applications and interviews
- To manage offers and confirmation of employment
This division is responsible for managing matters of personnel of the education service according to the service regulations and conditions as set forth in the Public Officers (Appointment, Promotion and Termination of Service) Regulations 2012 (P.U. (A) 1/2012), service circulars and commission circulars currently in force.
This division is responsible for matters pertaining to the service of personnel of the education service as follows:
- Confirmation of service
- Extension of probationary period
- Granting of pensionable status
- Temporary appointment, appointment by temporary transfer/secondment/permanent transfer
- Termination of service
- Transfer of appointment
Promotion and Disciplinary Division
- To implement disciplinary action with a view to dismissal and demotion of Education Service Officers of grades 41 and above.
- To manage disciplinary appeals of Education Service Officers and members of the Executive Group in the Ministry of Education as well as Higher Education Service Officers in the Ministry of Higher Education.
- To manage the promotion of the Director-General of Education.
- To manage appeals for promotion of Education Service Officers and members of the Support Services appointed by the Education Service Commission
- Public Officers (Conduct and Discipline) Regulations 1993 [P.U. (A) 395]
- Public Officers (Conduct and Discipline) Regulations (Amendment) 2002 [P.U. (A) 246]
- Education Service Disciplinary Board Regulations 1994 [P.U. (A) 458]
- Education Service Disciplinary Board Regulations (Amendment) 2010 [P.U. (A) 25]
- Public Service Promotion Board Regulations 2010 [P.U. (A) 75]
Policy and Planning Division
This division is responsible for planning and implementing policies as well as conducting research to strengthen the ESC:
- To review policies relating to appointments, confirmation in service, emplacement on permanent or pensionable establishment, promotions, transfer of appointment/permanent transfer of service, and disciplinary control;
- To prepare and co-ordinate the implementation of ESC’s strategic plans;
- To record all decisions made during meetings of the Commission, the Cabinet, the Public Service Department and the Attorney-General’s Chambers;
- To co-ordinate the annual performance expectations of every division;
- To be responsible for all parliamentary matters relating to the ESC; and
- To prepare the ESC’s annual report
Information Management Division
This division is responsible for providing ICT infrastructure and support services for the functions of the ESC.
This division is responsible for implementing the following functions:
- ICT Policy and Planning
- To develop and monitor compliance with ESC’s ICT Security Policy.
- To develop, implement and monitor the implementation of ESC’s Information Technology Strategic Plan.
- To plan and implement ICT procurement.
- System Development and Maintenance
- To develop and maintain ESC’s application systems.
- To develop and maintain the ESC portal.
- To plan and conduct training in the use of ESC’s application systems.
- Operations, Networks and Security
- To provide ICT technical support services.
- To maintain ICT equipment.
- To manage the ESC’s data centre.
- To maintain ICT security and control.
Management Service Division
This division is responsible for managing the administrative, financial, human resource and public relations matters of officers and personnel of the Education Service Commission in an efficient and orderly manner.
- To manage the service, personal management, performance management and disciplinary matters.
- To plan, implement and monitor internal and external training programmes
- To manage the finances of the department
- To manage the general administration of the office, asset management, security, maintenance, logistic requirements and public relations.
- To co-ordinate the implementation of modules/sub-modules of the HRMIS application.
This division is responsible for organising major meetings of the ESC and managing the affairs of members of the Commission in an efficient and effective manner.
- Secretariat duties: To co-ordinate the working papers of the commission
- Education Service Commission meetings;
- Education Service Disciplinary Appeal Board meetings;
- Education Service promotion appeal meetings; and
- ESC Search Committee meetings
- To co-ordinate the working papers of the commission
- To manage the affairs of members of the commission