An officer is eligible for pensionable status if he/she chooses not to opt for the EPF scheme, has been confirmed in service and completed not fewer than three years of reckonable service.
Responsibility of the Head of Department
The head of department shall ensure that the endorsement for the officer is submitted to the commission together with the following documents:
- PTB Certification Form - Sixth Table (Appendix A SPP Circular No. 4 of 2018
- PTB Certification Checklist (Appendix B SPP Circular No. 4 of 2018); and
- Certified copy of the latest Service Record Book (Statements of Service, Leave and Conduct).
Related Regulations/Circulars/Circular Letters
- Pensions Act 1980;
- Pension Regulations 1980;
- Pensions (Amendment) Act 1992;
- Public Officers (Appointment, Promotion and Termination of Service) Regulations 2012 (P.U. (A) 1/2012); and
- Education Service Commission circular no. 4 of 2018 – Procedures for Conferment of Pensionable Status